Continuing Professional Development
I offer a range of tailored and generic training sessions and workshops for health and social care professionals and care agencies in both generic counselling psychology skills, and in recognising and addressing therapeutically, the emotional and psychological issues related to my four areas of special interest: older people, especially those with complex support needs and older carers; sight deterioration/impairment; learning disabilities/difficulties; and suicide bereavement.
For instance, my previous training provision experience relating to learning disabilities/difficulties includes:
- Training for carers on supporting bereaved people, and recognising and working with clients who self harm.
- Training for families, carers, and multi-professional teams, in care planning for specific individuals presenting with emotional/psychological issues, including self-harm, anxieties, depression, and obsessive/compulsive behaviours.
- Training other health professionals in: involving service users with learning disabilities in research; working with individual clients with complex learning disabilities and mental health problems (including psychosis); and managing abusive and obsessive telephone calls from service users.
- In 2010 I designed and presented, with the assistance of a translator, a training session in ‘Assessment and Interventions for Learning Disabilities and Autism’ for a range of health professionals, including psychiatrists and psychologists, at Kist Medical College, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Professional Psychology Doctorate Training
- I have a post-graduate diploma in 'Teaching and Course Design in Higher Education', and I am a former Visiting Fellow of Essex University, and The Tavistock Clinic, London.
- I have designed and taught sessions on adapting psychological therapies, and computerised cognitive behaviour therapy, for adults with learning disabilities, for the Essex University three year Professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology.
- I have experience in designing and teaching courses in research design and research methods for professional doctorate programmes in clinical and counselling psychology programmes at Essex University.
I charge £50 an hour (two-thirds my full rate of £75) for pre-existing training modules for not-for-profit organisations. Fees for tailored training modules are negotiated on an individual basis.
Please CONTACT me for more information, a confidential discussion of your training support needs, or to arrange a training session, on:
Tel: 01473 311606 (answerphone available)
If I am not able to take your call, please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.